Keeping your children safe while at school is our school’s top priority.
Listed below are several safety measures we will begin January 4th to safeguard students and to affect positive student learning in the classroom. As always, we welcome your comments and would be delighted to discuss any ideas or concerns you may have regarding the matter of school safety.
Though our nation has seen sad and frightening violence in our public schools over the past few years, we still believe the public schools in Rowan County are the safest place in the community for our students for a variety of reasons. Consider the following:
- All visitors have to register with the front office before having access to the building; this is currently done with the Raptor System, which tracks a variety of information, to include Registered Sexual Offenders data. All visitors must wear the Raptor System’s visitor badge while in the building at all times.
- All children being dropped off late after 7:30 am must enter through the front of the school and must be escorted by an adult. We understand this may cause an inconvenience, but the safety and well-being of our students will remain our top priority.
- Transportation changes cannot be made after 1:45 pm. If there is any emergency situation where transportation needs changing after this time, it must be approved by the administration.
- Parent conferences must be made in advance with your child’s teacher. Parents will not be allowed to meet with teachers during the instructional day (7:30 am – 2:30 pm), unless prior approval has been made by the teacher.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the building between 2:00 pm – 2:30 pm.
We trust you will agree that we have the people, processes, infrastructure, and crisis communications plan in place at our school to help safeguard your children. If and when an emergency arises, our school staff is thoroughly trained to respond in a timely and accurate manner. Of course, we consider the matter of school safety everyone’s business. Together, we can continue to create a broad and superior security network for the safety of students and staff.
In our school, your children come first. Thank you for entrusting them to our care.
Mr. M. Courtwright